Dental anxiety will kill your smile if you let it. Don’t live your life in fear and lose your smile because of this fear. Let Dr. Petrosino and the team at Smile Design Dental give you help relieving dental anxiety in Newburgh. With our expert treatment, you’ll:
- Catch and fix small oral problems before they worsen
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
- Reduce your stress about future dental appointments
- Lessen the likelihood of experiencing a dental emergency
Say Goodbye to Dental Anxiety With Our Help
It is estimated that between 25 and 34 million people suffer from dental anxiety. Fear can keep you from the dentist and can possibly cause serious oral health effects that would require major dental treatment or surgeries. That is an incredible number of people who would rather deal with a bad smile and an unhealthy mouth than simply get in and have their teeth taken care of.
For those who claim to suffer from dental anxiety, more than 66 percent say that their anxiety was brought on by a bad experience at the dentist. Typically, “bad” means painful. Dr. Petrosino knows how much people fear pain, so she:
- Makes a point to provide the correct amount of anesthetic based on your particular pain tolerance. She wants your treatment to remain pain-free.
- Helps you work through your fear by highlighting how dental treatments used to be done and how they are different now. Dentistry is an ever-evolving science, so the procedure that caused your dental fear may not even be in practice today or is performed a completely different way.
- Will always treat you with respect. No matter the condition of your mouth, she and our staff will never judge or scold you.
In addition, we offer sedation options that will help you fully relax in our dental chair:
- Oral Sedation – We can mildly sedate you (still awake, but on the verge of sleep), or we can moderately or deeply sedate you (will fall asleep during treatment, but we can wake you if needed). You will need to have someone drive you home if you choose to be sedated for your procedure.
- General Anesthesia – For those patients who are especially nervous, we have a specialist who comes in and administers anesthesia. You won’t experience any of the sights, sounds, or sensations of your procedure.
Call us today at 845-670-5423 for help relieving dental anxiety in Newburgh. You can also .