Everyone has questions when it comes to their dental care, but we try to answer some of them before you ever get to the office. Check out the questions on this page, and see if your answer is already here.
- Q: What services are available at Smile Design Dental?
- Q: Can’t I get teeth whitening products at the grocery store?
- Q: Is it normal for my gums to bleed after brushing?
- Q: What payment options does Smile Design Dental have?
- Q: When should I bring my baby to the dentist for the first time? [FAQ]?
- Q: What Is A Full-Mouth Reconstruction? [FAQ]?
- Q: What Is the Best Way for Me to Whiten Teeth??
Q: What services are available at Smile Design Dental?
Smile Design Dental is a comprehensive dental service provider in the Newburgh, NY area. Some of the services we offer include the following:
- Cosmetic – We offer dental veneers to help mask small cosmetic issues that are affecting your smile. Dental whitening is available with our KöR whitening system. We also have teeth alignment treatment using Invisalign, as well as facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Restorative – Through the use of restorative techniques like crowns and bridges, root canals, and dental fillings, Dr. Petrosino is able to help save the life of your teeth and preserve your smile for years to come.
- General – Regular exams and cleanings are at the forefront of our general dentistry offerings. We also offer gum care, as well as fluoride treatments, cavity detection, and oral cancer screenings.
Q: Can’t I get teeth whitening products at the grocery store?
You are able to get dental whitening products at the grocery store or drugstore. The difference between what you can buy over-the-counter and what Dr. Petrosino will give you through the KöR whitening system lies within the concentration of the whitening agent. The store-bought solution will contain between a 10 and 20 percent hydrogen peroxide solution. KöR uses hydremide peroxide and delivers it through a special method that allows for a more sophisticated mixture to be achieved. This leads to a much more effective whitening treatment in a much shorter amount of time.
Q: Is it normal for my gums to bleed after brushing?
The only reason your gums should bleed after brushing is if you are doing something wrong. There is nothing normal about your gums bleeding from a simple brushing. Bleeding gums is a symptom of gingivitis, the precursor to periodontal disease, or gum disease. Dr. Petrosino can help you if you have gingivitis or advanced gum disease. Scaling and root planing can help rid your gums of the disease-causing bacteria and spur new gum growth in the affected area.
Q: What payment options does Smile Design Dental have?
We accept all major insurance plans. We also have some unique financing options available to those who may need help affording their care. Check out a full listing of our payment options on our payments page.
Call our office at 845-670-5423 to schedule an appointment. You can also use our online form to schedule your appointment, ask additional questions, or leave a message for Dr. Petrosino. We can’t wait to see you and begin helping you improve your smile.
Q: When should I bring my baby to the dentist for the first time? [FAQ]?
This is kind of a parental gut decision. The ADA (American Dental Association) recommends that you bring your child into the dentist about 6 months after their first tooth has come in. That can be rather early for some children. If you feel like your child just isn’t ready, we can wait until they are closer to two. The first appointment or two will be “happy visits” where we do very little examining and a whole lot of building rapport with the child and talking with the parents about the hygiene habits they are establishing for baby. Call the office today to set up your baby’s first appointment!
Q: What Is A Full-Mouth Reconstruction? [FAQ]?
We’re often asked about full-mouth reconstructions at Smile Design Dental. Usually, patients assume it’s one specific treatment.
But that’s not the case.
A full-mouth reconstruction is actually a series of treatments combined to meet your individual dental needs.
It’s a treatment plan designed to minimize cost and appointments while maximizing your oral health after wide-ranging dental problems like gum disease, tooth loss, and more.
Q: What Is the Best Way for Me to Whiten Teeth??
A professional teeth whitening treatment is a fast and affordable way to whiten teeth. We use products from KöR, which are designed to address especially tough stains. For a longer-lasting solution, you can cover stains with a bonding treatment or dental veneers. A bonding treatment typically lasts up to five years, while veneers should last at least 10 years.