Everyone has questions when it comes to their dental care, but we try to answer some of them before you ever get to the office. Check out the questions on this page, and see if your answer is already here.
- Q: What services are available at Smile Design Dental?
- Q: Can’t I get teeth whitening products at the grocery store?
- Q: Is it normal for my gums to bleed after brushing?
- Q: What payment options does Smile Design Dental have?
Q: What services are available at Smile Design Dental?
Smile Design Dental is a comprehensive dental service provider in the Newburgh, NY area. Some of the services we offer include the following:
- Cosmetic – We offer dental veneers to help mask small cosmetic issues that are affecting your smile. Dental whitening is available with our KöR whitening system. We also have teeth alignment treatment using Invisalign, as well as facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Restorative – Through the use of restorative techniques like crowns and bridges, root canals, and dental fillings, Dr. Petrosino is able to help save the life of your teeth and preserve your smile for years to come.
- General – Regular exams and cleanings are at the forefront of our general dentistry offerings. We also offer gum care, as well as fluoride treatments, cavity detection, and oral cancer screenings.
Q: Can’t I get teeth whitening products at the grocery store?
You are able to get dental whitening products at the grocery store or drugstore. The difference between what you can buy over-the-counter and what Dr. Petrosino will give you through the KöR whitening system lies within the concentration of the whitening agent. The store-bought solution will contain between a 10 and 20 percent hydrogen peroxide solution. KöR uses hydremide peroxide and delivers it through a special method that allows for a more sophisticated mixture to be achieved. This leads to a much more effective whitening treatment in a much shorter amount of time.
Q: Is it normal for my gums to bleed after brushing?
The only reason your gums should bleed after brushing is if you are doing something wrong. There is nothing normal about your gums bleeding from a simple brushing. Bleeding gums is a symptom of gingivitis, the precursor to periodontal disease, or gum disease. Dr. Petrosino can help you if you have gingivitis or advanced gum disease. Scaling and root planing can help rid your gums of the disease-causing bacteria and spur new gum growth in the affected area.
Q: What payment options does Smile Design Dental have?
We accept all major insurance plans. We also have some unique financing options available to those who may need help affording their care. Check out a full listing of our payment options on our payments page.
Call our office at 845-670-5423 to schedule an appointment. You can also use our online form to schedule your appointment, ask additional questions, or leave a message for Dr. Petrosino. We can’t wait to see you and begin helping you improve your smile.