Your Permanent Solution for Missing Teeth
Dental implants can give you something that no other tooth replacement option can: an option that is almost identical to your permanent teeth. With implants, top-notch dentist Dr. Petrosino of Smile Design Dental in Newburgh, NY will be able to give you a permanent fix for your smile problem. Dr. Petrosino is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are not replacement teeth but rather replacement tooth roots. That is an important distinction, as it allows a dental implant the ability to be one of the most versatile tooth replacement options available. Dental implants will function in the same capacity as your natural tooth roots and give you the option of several different configurations as far as replacing the teeth in your smile.
What Types Of Dental Implants Does Smile Design Dental Offer?
Smile Design Dental in Newburgh, NY offers two types of dental implants.
- Traditional Implants – These are standard-sized implants. These are used most often and are generally considered to be effective in all dental implant applications.
- Mini Implants – Smaller in gauge (thickness) and length than traditional implants, these implants can be placed in patients who may have less bone mass than required for implant surgery. Due to their size, they also require a less invasive placement procedure, which means less healing time afterward. There is debate as to whether they are effective for placement in the upper jaw. Ask Dr. Petrosino about whether these implants will be able to fit your specific needs.
Our dental implant procedures provide several different ways to give you a better smile for life.
- Single Tooth Replacement – This is the standard placement of one dental implant with one ceramic restoration secured on top of the implant. The restoration will match the look and feel of your other natural teeth.
- All-on-4 – Four implants will be placed along the bottom or top jaw to replace the entire arch of teeth. Once they are placed, a set of replacement teeth will be attached to the implants to complete your smile restoration.
- All-on-6 – This method is conceptually identical to the All-on-4 but uses six dental implants instead of four. Ask trusted Newburgh, NY dentist Dr. Petrosino about which one of these applications will best suit you.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – For this implant application, a bar will be attached to dental implants. A denture will be manufactured to replace your teeth, and the bar will attach along the backside of the denture to hold it in place.
What is Same-Day Smile?
Besides using different types of restorations for our dental implants, we are also able to give you a new smile in a single visit. With our ability to place temporary dentures and dental crowns in a single visit, the wait between you and your new smile is shorter than ever.
What Do Implants Offer That Traditional Dentures Don’t?
Stability – Dental implants give you unmatched stability. When we said that they act in the same capacity as your natural tooth roots do, we mean in all capacities. That’s because the dental implant will bond with the bone inside your mouth and basically become part of the bone.
Preserve Bone Health – A benefit of this bonding, besides the stability that it provides, is that the implants will actually protect you from bone deterioration. Traditional dentures don’t do anything to address the void left in your jawbone when you lose a natural tooth. If such voids aren’t filled, you will experience jawbone deterioration, and this bone loss will affect your appearance in a negative way.
Permanence – Due to the bonding with the bone, your dental implants will possibly last you for the rest of your life. This is a feature that removable dentures cannot offer, because when you experience bone loss, you will need to have your dentures resized to fit your smaller jaw profile.