Invisalign: Clearing the Way to a Better Smile
The clearest path to a straighter smile is with Invisalign aligners. No metal, no pain, and no special routine needed. All you have to do is ask certified Newburgh, NY cosmetic dentist Dr. Petrosino about Invisalign and start on the road to a better smile. Dr. Petrosino of Smile Design Dental received her certification from the NYU School of Dentistry CDE.
BeforeAfterBeforeAfterBEFORE AND AFTERIn most areas of life, seeing truly is believing. With that in mind, we are happy to provide you with proof of what Dr. Petrosino and the Smile Design Dental team can do to help your smile. Look at the different people with different dental problems,... VIEW OUR SMILE GALLERY
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a breakthrough in teeth alignment technology. You no longer have to suffer from having a mouth packed full of metal braces but instead can simply enjoy life knowing that your teeth are being gently pushed back into position using smooth, clear aligner trays from Invisalign. The smooth plastic aligners allow you go about your day with no worry about what other people will think. That is because they are practically invisible to those around you. You will not find a more efficient and convenient way of fixing your teeth alignment issues.
What Is The Invisalign Process?
- Initial Appointment – During your first appointment at Smile Design Dental, we will go over everything you need to know regarding your Invisalign treatment. Top-notch Newburgh, NY dentist Dr. Petrosino will explain the specifics of the treatment and take molds of your teeth to facilitate making your Invisalign dental alignment trays. Dr. Petrosino will also go over the treatment plan and show you how your smile will look at the end of your treatment period.
- Begin Invisalign Treatment – This appointment is where you will pick up your aligner trays. You will have a series of aligners made for you. You will use each aligner set for approximately two weeks and then move to the next one in the series. You need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day. This gives you two hours to eat and maintain your dental hygiene. You will need to come back to Smile Design Dental in Newburgh, NY to see Dr. Petrosino every six weeks or so to have your progress checked, and you may have to pick up additional aligners.
- Find Your New Smile – The final step occurs approximately one year from the date you started wearing your aligners. This will be the day you get to reveal your true smile to the world.
Benefits Of Invisalign
- Appearance – The first and most notable benefit of the Invisalign method is the effect it has on your immediate appearance. That is to say, it doesn’t affect your appearance at all. The aligner trays are made from a clear plastic that allows them to be practically invisible to people around you. There’s no need to worry about bulky metal brackets getting cemented to the front of your teeth, or silver wires stretching from one side of your smile to the other. Your teeth will get the gentle push they need to move into alignment, and your smile will look the same way it always has – just increasingly straighter.
- Comfort – Your mouth is full of soft surfaces. Soft surfaces do not mesh well with hard metal edges, so the presence of traditional braces inside your mouth is going to lead to an uncomfortable experience for anyone who has them. Luckily, Invisalign uses smooth plastic to make their aligners. These aligners fit snugly onto your teeth and will not harm the inside of your mouth. With no sharp edges, you have no need to worry about how you smile, talk, or otherwise move your mouth.
- Convenience – With traditional braces, there are all sorts of foods that you would have to avoid, different ways you would need to brush, and things that you need to do to keep your mouth healthy during your treatment. You would also have frequent visits to the dentist or orthodontist to have adjustments made and just generally be in an uncomfortable state for the duration of treatment. This is not the case with Invisalign. You can eat what you want, brush and floss your teeth the same way you always have, and nothing changes. You’ll simply pop your aligners out to eat or clean your teeth and pop them back in when you’re finished.