September 4, 2017
In The Merchant of Venice Shakespeare wrote, “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” Easy to say in a time when life expectancy is 42 and there’s no such thing as a high-resolution photo!
In a time when everyone has a camera in their pocket, how do you keep your smile photogenic? If you’re in Newburgh, NY, you get a smile makeover from Smile Design Dental.
Don’t Ignore Signs of Aging in and around Your Teeth
Throughout your life, you may have developed a few issues with the shape of your teeth. Or you might have hidden your smile your whole life because you were embarrassed about your natural imperfections, and now they’ve gotten more prominent:
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are too long/too short
- Gaps between teeth
- Gummy smile
- Chips and cracks in teeth
Likewise, your beam may not be as bright as it once was. Or as bright as you want it to be. It’s true that some teeth are naturally whiter than others, but there could be several causes to your discoloration:
- Nerve damage after injury
- Antibiotic use
- Stains from food and drink
- Tobacco use
- Ravages of time
You know your teeth aren’t the only part of your smile that shows your age, though. A lifetime of laughter is a gift. Fine lines around your lips? Not so much.
Years of stress and worry can take their toll in the form of deeper wrinkles and saggy skin around your jaw.
But you can’t have a long, rich life without a face of flaws as a result, can you? Yes, you can! With a smile makeover from Smile Design Dental, you can have your cake and eat it.
Transform your Teeth with Cosmetic Dentistry
We’ve already talked about ways your teeth can have less-than-perfect shape and color. Now let’s go over the good news: ways we can correct the shape and color of your teeth to give you the grin you deserve.
- Gum reshaping and crown lengthening can create harmony among your gums and teeth as they are exposed in your mouth. We use a laser for a quick and painless removal of excess gum tissue.
- With tooth bonding, we can cover minor flaws like chips, moderate cracks, and certain stains. Dr. Petrosino will expertly shape a putty-like resin to naturally match your teeth, then set it with a special light. This is one of the most affordable options.
- If you need a more thorough treatment for uneven teeth, go the no-metal, no-pain, no-stress route with Invisalign. These clear, removable aligners will straighten your smile without interfering with your life.
- Once your teeth are straight, finish your makeover with KöR whitening. We provide a higher concentration than you’ll find over-the-counter, giving you more bang for your buck. Choose the more potent in-office treatment or a convenient at-home option.
- For an all-in-one reboot, consider dental veneers. These thin slips of porcelain adhere to your teeth and cover every blemish on your bite.
Turn over a New Leaf with Facial Rejuvenation
Facial rejuvenation treatment gives your smile the beautiful frame it needs to show off your natural beauty.
- Botox is one of the fastest-growing cosmetic procedures out there. This FDA-approved treatment can erase your frown lines for several months. With Botox injections, your face can appear softer and less tired.
- Juvéderm erases not just fine lines, but sometimes deeper wrinkles. The primary ingredient in Juvéderm is hyaluronic acid, which works as a cushion to plump up areas where your face is sagging and to fill in wrinkles safely and comfortably.
Which product is for you? That’s a decision you’ll make with input from Dr. Petrosino, who will consider your medical history and goals. Once you determine your best option, you’ll get a few quick injections and be on your way to a younger, brighter appearance to match your fresh, bright smile.
Don’t Leave a Job Half Done
When you finally make the decision to upgrade your smile, you don’t have to settle. You can brighten your entire face instead of just part of it.
Give yourself a smile that shines for several reasons: your happiness, your teeth, and your face. You deserve a grin that reflects your joy and belies your age. Call the Newburgh, NY dentist who can give you both at (845) 670-5423.